Are you protected from power surges?
Today's homes and businesses have more sensitive electronic equipment than ever. From computers to stereos, televisions, microwaves and even coffee pots, electronic devices are present in high quantity. These devices make our lives easier, but, due to their delicate circuitry, they are all susceptible to damage from voltage surges. Orange County REMC offers a full line of surge protection equipment for the appliances in your home or office. Information about the equipment is listed below. Email Orange County REMC for more information.
Surge Protection works best when installed on two levels:
- Use Service Entrance Device as a first line of defense. It provides protection for your entire electrical system, including components that cannot be connected to a point-of-use device, such as outlets and light fixtures and switches. Mounted on your meter, when a surge travels down the electric lines, these devices act as a "clamp" to surge to reduce its power. This piece of equipment will sacrifice itself, rather than allowing a surge to pass through.
- Use Point-of-Use Device to protect items plugged directly into it. It does not suppress or arrest a surge, but diverts the surge to ground.
Level 1 Lease for $7 per month with a 3-year minimum.
- Up to $25,000 manufactures warranty per occurrence!
Point-of-Use Surge Protector (Level 2 Protection) $24.96 each (plus tax)
- Should be used with electronics such as TVs, computers, DVD players, etc.
- Up to $5,000 manufactures warranty on connected equipment.