Incentives and Rebates
Orange County REMC offers member incentive programs which include payments to members who purchase qualifying equipment. These program payments will assist members in buying more efficient equipment to save money over the life of their purchase. Incentive payments will only apply to equipment installed and operating in the 2018 calendar year in homes or structures connected to Orange County REMC. Interpretation of qualifying equipment and installations are at the sole discretion of Orange County REMC.
To promote and support system-wide deployment of Hoosier Energy’s Energy Management Program all member discounts or rebate payments for water heaters or HVAC systems (except geothermal) require installation of an Energy Management switch as a qualification to receive the benefit.
Details of the progam are listed on the incentive payment request form (PDF). You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. Please print off the form, compete the requested information, sign it and submit it with the proper documentation.
A summary of the 2018 programs is listed below, but you will need to download the rebate request form to get all the details and conditions for each rebate. Contact the Orange County REMC office for more information, or if you have trouble downloading the payment request forms. Email us, or call (812) 865-2229 or toll free (888) 337-5900.
Heat Pumps: Mini-Split, Dual Fuel or Air Source
- Stick Built or Modular Housing*
- Minimum 16SEER
- Mobile/Manufactured Housing*
- Minimum 14 SEER
NEW CONSTRUCTION OR REPLACING GAS, EXISTING A/C OR HEAT PUMP
- Single Speed Compressor NO REBATE
- Dual/Variable Speed Compressor $750
HEAT PUMP REPLACING 100% ELECTRIC RESISTANCE HEAT
- Single Speed Compressor $800
- Dual/Variable Speed Compressor $1500
Geothermal Heat Pump
- Geothermal incentive: $1,500
- Incentive requires a desuperheater or “hot water assist” for new installation geothermal systems when an electric resistance water heater is utilized.
Congress recently reinstated federal tax credits of up to 30 percent for residential geothermal heat pump installations. These tax credits are retroactive to Jan. 1, 2017 and extended to Jan. 1, 2022.
- New Construction or Replacing Gas FREE
(Orange County REMC will provide a FREE 40 or 50 gallon electric resistance water heater. Member only pays sales tax.)
- Heat pump or hybrid water heaters: $500
- Minimum 40 Gallon
- Recommend Tier 2 or higher rating on NEEA’s Advanced Water Heater qualified products for northern climates -- neea.org/advancedwaterheaterspec
*Mobile/Manufactured Homes are defined as:
- Factory assembled; Transportable; Designed for transportation on own chassis; Can be placed on temporary or permanent foundation; Intended for year-round occupancy
- Note: Modular homes do not meet these requirements. Modular homes are considered residential single family homes.