Orange County REMC's scholarship program recognizes the academic and community achievements of outstanding young people and assists them in developing an understanding of community issues, while providing them with financial assistance to pursue higher education. There are six $750 scholarships available each year; one scholarship for a graduating senior per school. (Paoli, Springs Valley, Orleans, Mitchell, Crawford and West Washington.)
Applications can be downloaded here. Deadline to apply is Feb. 9, 2018.
Criteria for Eligibility
- An applicant’s parent, legal guardian, or primary relative must be a member of Orange County REMC participating in Operation RoundUp when the scholarship application is judged.
- Applicants must be graduating high school in June 2017.
- Applicants must be accepted into an accredited Indiana College or Indiana Trade School.
- The scholarship recipient must not have previously attended college or must not hold incoming freshman status.
- Applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Essay must be 700 words, but no more than 1000 words, however quality of content is more important than length.
- Essays should be printed neatly or typed.
- Applicants must submit the following:
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- A list of extra circular activities
- Verification of your grade point average for the current school year, and at least one prior year
- The deadline to apply for the annual scholarship February 10, 2017. A complete set of guidelines and the application can be downloaded here.
For more information, contact Orange County REMC.